Yesterday, the Florida Chamber of Commerce issued a news release urging the Florida Senate Banking and Insurance Committee to pass SB 408 (sponsored by Sen. Garrett Richter, R-Naples) and help right the ship on Florida’s property insurance market. Lawmakers and industry experts will continue the discussion on important insurance-related issues, like those found within SB 408, at the Florida Chamber’s Annual Insurance Summit later this week.
The Florida Chamber of Commerce Insurance Summit is taking place this Thursday and Friday, January 27-28, at the Walt Disney World Contemporary Resort in Orlando. Insurance Summit panelists and guest speakers – including Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater, Congressman Dennis Ross, Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty, numerous lawmakers, and industry experts – will provide attendees with:
· Updates on Florida’s insurance market,
· Discussions on Florida’s economic reliance on property insurance,
· Effects of market failures on consumers and the industry,
· Status reports on the property insurance market,
· Insurance assessments,
· Updates on health residual market and Citizen Property Insurance Corporation,
· Florida’s attempt to attract capital while balancing affordability, and
· Impacts of sinkhole claims on the insurance market.
To learn more about the Florida Chamber of Commerce Insurance Summit and download a complete event agenda, visit www.flchamber.com.
CONTACT: Edie Ousley, 850-521-1231 or 850-251-6261