Attorney General Pam Bondi Will Convene First Statewide Task Force on Prescription Drug Abuse and Newborns Meeting
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.–Tomorrow, Attorney General Pam Bondi will convene the
first Statewide Task Force on Prescription Drug Abuse and Newborns meeting.
Gil Kerlikowske, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy,
will participate in the meeting as a special guest.
WHO: Attorney General Pam Bondi, Director of the Office of National Drug
Control Policy Gil Kerlikowske, and members of the Prescription Drug Abuse
and Newborns Task Force
WHAT: First meeting of the Statewide Task Force on Prescription Drug Abuse
WHEN: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 2 p.m.
WHERE: Cabinet Meeting Room, Lower Level, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Fla.
The Task Force was created during the 2012 to examine the scope of the
problem of prescription drug abuse by expectant mothers, the costs
associated with caring for babies suffering from neonatal withdrawal
syndrome, the long-term effects of the syndrome, and prevention strategies.
Members of the Task Force include:
· Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
· State Surgeon General Dr. Steven L. Harris
· Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald M. Bailey
· Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Elizabeth Dudak
· Department of Children & Families Secretary David Wilkins
· Dr. Stephanie Haridopolos
· March of Dimes Assistant State Director Keith Nash
· Dr. Robert Yelverton of the Florida Medical Association
· Pediatrix Medical Group Medical Director Dr. Kenneth Solomon of the
Florida Hospital Association
· Florida Nurses Association Executive Director Willa Fuller
· Dr. David Dixon of the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
· Senator Joe Negron
· Representative Dana Young
· BayCare Behavioral Health Executive Director Doug Leonardo
· Healthy Start Executive Director Jane Murphy
# # #