Effort will also focus on extracurricular activities and educational success of children in foster care
WHO: Hundreds of Foster Parents, Children in Foster Care, Department of Children and Families Secretary David Wilkins, Florida State Foster/Adoptive Parent Association, Representatives from Community-Based Care Agencies, Guardian ad Litem Director Alan Abramowitz
WHAT: A new foster care initiative will be announced at the kickoff of the annual Florida State Foster/Adoptive Parent Association Conference.
This initiative will be focused on five key points:
· Awareness Campaign– Fostering changes lives and helps children become successful adults
· A Family for Every Child— Recruitment and retention of foster parents
· Quality Parenting Initiative – Training and support for foster parents
· Letting Kids in Foster Care be Kids– Extracurricular activities, social media, time with friends
· Promising Futures – Attending school, graduating and pursuing further education
WHEN: June 22, 12:30-1 p.m.
WHERE: Florida State Foster/Adoptive Parent Association Conference
Hilton Daytona Beach, North Tower Coquina lobby third floor
100 N. Atlantic Ave.
CONTACT: Erin Gillespie, DCF Press Secretary, (850) 459-2063Tweet