Contact: Stuart Doyle
Oct. 26 deadline for Governor’s Business Diversification Award nominations
Program honors businesses for job growth, economic investment feats
ORLANDO, FL (Oct. 10, 2012) – If your company falls into one of the sectors listed below, it’s eligible to compete for a Governor’s Business Diversification Award. It recognizes businesses for making noteworthy contributions toward Florida’s economic development efforts.
· Corporate Headquarters
· Emerging Industries
· Financial/Professional Services
· Homeland Security/Defense
· Information Technology
· Life Sciences
· Trade/Export Services
The above-listed industries are not mandatory for participation: All nominations will be considered.
The entry deadline is Friday, Oct. 26 at 5 p.m. ET., and the nomination application is available on Enterprise Florida’s Web site, www.eflorida.com/govawards.
The nomination of a business can be made by a local or regional economic development organization, or a professional or industry association. Self-nominations are acceptable, also. Three awards will be given in each of these categories:
· Governor’s Business Expansion Award: For Florida companies that expanded their operations in 2011, investing capital and creating jobs for Floridians.
· Governor’s Newcomer Award: For new-to-Florida companies that began business operations in 2011.
· Governor’s Export Excellence Award: For Florida companies with new or significant increases in documented export sales in 2011.
· Governor’s Entrepreneurship Award: For Florida start-up companies (less than five years old) that have set a standard for entrepreneurship and creativity.
Awards will be given in each of the following market categories:
· Mid Market: County population up to 150,000
· Major Market: County population 150,001 to 800,000
· Mega Market: County population 800,001 and higher
The winners will be acknowledged during Florida’s Industry Appreciation Week, the dates of which soon will be announced. .
Corporate sponsors for this program this year are Bank of America and Florida Trend.
For more information about the Governors Business Diversification Awards and entry requirements, businesses and economic development organizations should send an e-mail to GBDA@eflorida.com or call (407) 956-5608.
Awards Web site: www.eflorida.com/govawards
* * *
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (www.eflorida.com) is a partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. Headquartered in Orlando, Enterprise Florida’s mission is to facilitate job growth for Florida’s businesses and citizens leading to a vibrant statewide economy. In pursuit of its mission, Enterprise Florida works closely with a statewide network of economic development partners and is funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.