Contact: Stuart Doyle
Upcoming Governor’s Business Awards to honor CEOs under 40
Entry deadline Nov. 9 for annual event, now called Governor’s Innovators in Business Awards, which honors businesses for job growth, economic investment feats.
ORLANDO, FLA (Oct. 31, 2012) – A newly added recognition called Florida Innovators Under 40 will be part of the Governor’s Innovators in Business Awards program, formerly known as the Governor’s Business Diversification Awards.
To accommodate the Under 40 category, the nomination deadline has been extended to November 9.
CEOs under 40
The Florida Innovators Under 40 Awards will acknowledge young CEOs living and working in Florida for their job creation record, business achievements and community involvement. These younger-than-40 success stories must have raised the bar in their industry and community by bringing innovation, jobs, positive character and a track record of success to Florida and their profession. More specifically, nominees must:
· be a Florida resident
· be younger than 40 by October 1, 2012
· own or lead a business with annual revenue of $1 million or higher
· have created 10 or more jobs since January 2011
Up to 40 award winners will be selected, with one top award to be given to a business leader in a small, medium and large business category.
Entry requirements and forms can be accessed from Enterprise Florida’s Web site at www.eflorida.com/govawards.
The awards presentations will be made December 10 at the Governor’s Mansion in Tallahassee.
The Innovators awards are given to companies in the following sectors, most of which are the industries Florida targets for economic growth.
Ø Corporate Headquarters
Ø Emerging Industries
Ø Financial/Professional Services
Ø Homeland Security/Defense
Ø Information Technology
Ø Life Sciences
Ø Trade/Export Services
Falling into one of these industries is not mandatory for participation, however. All nominations will be considered.
The Innovators awards represent the governor’s acknowledgment of the winners’ noteworthy contributions toward the state’s economic development successes.
Again, the entry deadline for both the Innovators in Business and Florida Innovators Under 40 awards is Friday, Nov. 9, at 5 p.m. ET. The nomination application for each is available at www.eflorida.com/govawards.
For the Innovators in Business Awards, the nomination of a business can be made by a local or regional economic development organization, or a professional or industry association. Self-nominations are acceptable, also.
Three awards will be given in each of these categories:
· Governor’s Business Expansion Award: For Florida companies that expanded their operations in 2011, investing capital and creating jobs for Floridians.
· Governor’s Newcomer Award: For new-to-Florida companies that began business operations in 2011.
· Governor’s Export Excellence Award: For Florida companies with new or significant increases in documented export sales in 2011.
· Governor’s Entrepreneurship Award: For Florida start-up companies (less than five years old) that have set a standard for entrepreneurship and creativity.
Each winner will represent one of the following markets:
· Mid Market: County population up to 150,000
· Major Market: County population 150,001 to 800,000
· Mega Market: County population 800,001 and higher
Corporate sponsors for this program this year are Bank of America and Florida Trend.
For more information about the awards programs and entry requirements, send an e-mail to GBDA@eflorida.com or call (407) 956-5608.
* * *
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (www.eflorida.com) is a partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. Headquartered in Orlando, Enterprise Florida’s mission is to facilitate job growth for Florida’s businesses and citizens leading to a vibrant statewide economy. In pursuit of its mission, Enterprise Florida works closely with a statewide network of economic development partners and is funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.