Governor Scott to Kick Off “Let’s Keep Florida Moving” Tour
Governor to Highlight $41 Billion, 5-Year DOT Work Plan
TALLAHASSEE – Governor Rick Scott will kick off a statewide “Let’s Keep Florida Moving” tour tomorrow to highlight investments in transportation – including his $41 billion, 5-Year Department of Transportation work plan – that will increase the quality of life for all Floridians and secure the success of business and trade in Florida. Governor Scott will highlight the investments into expanding Florida’s airports, sea ports, road network, and space industry.
Governor Rick Scott said, “In Florida, we are proud to be a worldwide destination for business and tourism. I am committed to keeping Florida moving by creating strategic investment opportunities to expand our state’s transportation system. The success of our economy, and quality of life for our families, is structured on the foundation of Florida’s roads, airways, and ports, and we will continue working to keep them the best in the nation.”
The “Let’s Keep Florida Moving” tour will make stops in Daytona, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Miami, Panama City and Tampa.
Governor Scott’s “Let’s Keep Florida Moving” plan includes:
- Expanding Florida’s Airports, Including $325 Million for Aviation Improvements
- Investing $1 billion in Florida’s Ports
- Growing Florida’s Road Network, Including $25 Billion in the Next Five Years to Ease Congestion
- Expanding Florida’s Space Industry
- Ensuring a Safer Environment for Bicyclists
- Funding the Maintenance and Safety of Florida’s Transportation Infrastructure
For more information on the “Let’s Keep Florida Moving” plan, click here.
To view release in browser, click here.