Florida Chamber Foundation to Unveil First Draft of the State’s First-Ever Strategic Plan
TALLAHASSEE (September 15, 2011) – Florida’s leading CEOs, small business owners and elected leaders will convene in Orlando on September 19-21 for the Florida Chamber Foundation’s Future of Florida Forum to focus their energy and talents on securing Florida’s future through a vibrant economy. During the three-day meeting, the Florida Chamber Foundation will unveil its first draft of the state’s first-ever strategic plan – a component of Project 2030.
WHO: The 2011 Future of Florida Forum agenda boast a “Who’s Who” style list of featured speakers discussing topics important to Florida’s economy. Chief among those speakers and topics are:
· Governor Rick Scott
· Florida Secretary of Commerce Gray Swoope
· WorkForce Florida CEO Chris Hart, IV
· Department of Economic Opportunity Executive Director Doug Darling
· Education Summit – Three education-related panels with the following featured speakers: Education Commissioner Gerard Robinson, State University System Chancellor Frank Brogan, Sen. Anitere Flores, Rep. Erik Fresen, Rep. Kelli Stargel, Rep. Mike Horner, Workforce Florida CEO Chris Hart, IV, and representatives from the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida, Jacksonville State College, WorkSource, and STEMflorida Business Council
· Energy Summit — Two energy-related panels featuring representatives from Florida Power and Light, Florida Petroleum Council, Gulf Power, Florida Energy Consortium, Florida Solar Energy Center, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and Rep. Seth McKeel
· Targeted Industry Focus Sessions – Health care, manufacturing and mortgage foreclosure and property tax
· New Opportunities in Aviation/Aerospace – Featuring Jim Kemp, Assembly Test & Launch Operations Director for the Orion Program; Frank DiBello, Space Florida President and CEO; Scott Henderson, SpaceX Director of Mission Assurance; and John Mulholland, vice President and Program manager of the Commercial Crew Programs at Boeing.
· “Just the Facts” Panels – Gaming and immigration
WHAT: The 2011 Future of Florida Forum
WHEN: September 19-21, 2011
WHERE: Disney’s contemporary Resort, 4600 World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
The complete agenda is available at 2011 Future of Florida Forum. Complimentary conference registration is available to working members of the media; contact Juli Puckett at jpuckett@FlFoundation.org or Edie Ousley at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
# # #
CONTACT: Juli Puckett, 850-521-1217 or jpuckett@FlFoundation.org or
Edie Ousley, 850-521-1231, 850-251-6261 or email@example.com