The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is holding a public meeting for the State Road 200 (SW College Road) design project that involves the addition of turn lanes around the Interstate 75 (I-75) interchange. The project limits extend from SW 38th Court to SW 36th Avenue in Ocala.
The improvements in this interchange area include:
- Adding a left turn lane for westbound SW College Road leading to the I-75 southbound on-ramp;
- Adding a left turn lane for eastbound SW College Road leading to the I-75 northbound on-ramp;
- Adding a second right turn lane to the I-75 northbound off-ramp;
- Adding a second left turn lane to the I-75 northbound off-ramp;
- Adding a right turn lane for eastbound SW College Road leading to the I-75 southbound on-ramp; and
- Extending and widening the right turn lane for westbound SW College Road leading to the I-75 northbound on-ramp.
These improvements will take place within existing right-of-way, so no additional right-of-way is needed. Construction is funded for this project for Fiscal Year 2018.
The meeting will be 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at Hilton Ocala, 3600 SW 36th Avenue, Ocala.
The purpose of this meeting is to present information and to receive public input regarding the proposed improvements. The meeting will be an open house format. Project information will be available for review along with a project presentation that will run on a continuous loop. FDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project, answer questions, and receive comments. The attached map identifies the project limits and the meeting location.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five Title VI Coordinator, by phone at 386-943-5367 or by email at [email protected]. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Laura Turner, AICP, Project Public Involvement Coordinator, by phone at 407-620-5095 or by email at [email protected] at least seven days prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact us by using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
For more information on this project please contact the FDOT Public Information Office, by phone at 386-943-5473 or by email at [email protected].