Monday, April 3 – I-4 Ultimate Work Zone
The Florida Department of Transportation will host a media event on April 3 in Maitland, to promote Work Zone Safety Awareness.
Who: The event will provide members of the media access to:
- Steve Martin: FDOT District 5 Secretary
- Steve Olson: FDOT Public Information Manager
- Loreen Bobo: FDOT I-4 Ultimate Construction Program Manager
- Trooper Specialist Steven Montiero: FHP Community Safety Officer/ Public Affairs Officer
- David Feise: SGL Project MOT Manager
What: Held in conjunction with National Work Zone Awareness Week, April 3-7, to promote safety in work zones. The availability will be in an active work zone allowing safety-trained persons in full safety gear to be next to barrier wall separating the construction area from midday traffic. The event allows media access to speed-detection (radar) activities and safety and MOT demonstrations/ equipment.
Where: I-4 Ultimate construction work zone between eastbound Interstate 4 and exit ramp to eastbound Maitland Boulevard. See map.
When: Monday, April 3
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Please see attachment or call the FDOT PIO office, Jessica Ottaviano 386-943-5473 / [email protected].
Safety gear is required for this event. This is an active construction zone. All media in attendance must have attended a prior safety orientation and are required to be in full PPE (this includes photographers as well):
- Safety Vests Class 3
- Hard Hat ANSI Z89 Rated, V-Guard Recommended
- Safety Glasses ANSI Z87 Rated
- Gloves ANSI Cut 3 Rated
- Work boots, steel or composite toe; No loafers, heels or flip-flops
- No shorts or skirts/dresses