The Constitution Revision Commission (CRC) Rules and Administration Committee today recommended Friday, September 22 as the filing deadline for public proposals to be considered by the CRC. The recommended deadline is subject to approval by a vote of the full commission. The next full commission meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 19.
CRC Chairman Carlos Beruff, said, “The CRC encourages all interested Floridians to submit their proposed constitutional amendments as soon as possible. While the recommended September 22 deadline is more than a month away, Commissioners are already reviewing public proposals that have been shared and will be considering them during upcoming committee meetings. We want to ensure that all proposals submitted by Floridians are given the consideration and review they deserve.”
The official CRC website (flcrc.gov) allows Floridians to create and submit proposed changes to the Florida Constitution by following these simple steps:
How to Submit a Proposed Constitutional Amendment
- Visit flcrc.gov
- New users must register for a free CRC Website Account by filling in the required fields and following the activation prompts
- Once logged into your account, click on the “Submit a Proposal” button on the upper right-hand side of the homepage
- Click on “Get Started” and then click on “Create a New Proposal” to submit a proposed change to the Florida Constitution using legal language
- Fill in the required fields and then submit the proposed constitutional amendment
- Proposals may take up to three (3) business days to be posted on the CRC website in accordance with the moderation policy
NOTE: Proposals must be typed within the application. Users cannot “copy & paste” text or upload attachments. Public proposals may also be submitted to the CRC by other means, including mail and email. Visit flcrc.gov for contact information.
ABOUT THE FLORIDA CONSTITUTION REVISION COMMISSION (CRC)
Once every twenty years, Florida’s Constitution provides for the creation of a thirty-seven member revision commission for the purpose of reviewing Florida’s Constitution and proposing changes for voter consideration. The Constitution Revision Commission (CRC) meets for approximately one year, traveling the State of Florida, identifying issues, performing research and possibly recommending changes to the Constitution. Any amendments proposed by the CRC would be placed on the 2018 General Election ballot. For additional information, visit flcrc.gov. Follow the CRC on Twitter (@FloridaCRC) and Instagram (@FloridaCRC). Like the CRC on Facebook (@FloridaCRC).