“Our Children, Our Future: Strengthening Families and Communities through Faith”
The Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) and the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), in partnership with the Florida Faith-Based and Community-Based Advisory Council, will host the ninth annual Florida Faith Symposium in Orlando on November 7 and 8, 2017. The symposium is one of the largest gatherings of faith leaders in the state to discuss and identify ways to strengthen programs for vulnerable children and families, as well as at-risk youth.
The symposium will offer more than 30 workshops, along with numerous networking opportunities focused on enhancing faith- and community-based collaboration and coordination to build stronger communities and families. The opening sessions, guests, and keynote speakers will feature:
- Remarks from DCF Secretary Mike Carroll and DJJ Secretary Christina K. Daly
- Guest Speaker Les Brown, bestselling author, community leader, motivational speaker, and former radio personality
- Ben Tankard, former NBA player, Grammy-nominated gospel keyboard player, bestselling author, motivational speaker, and star of Bravo’s Thicker Than Water
- Guest Speaker Ms. Tonier Cain, survivor of unspeakable abuse, violence, and homelessness
- Melissa Walsh, an inspiring storyteller who was paralyzed from the neck down at age 18
The event will also feature special performances by the Camp Anderson Band and Camp Anderson’s inspirational dance team.
Registration of $125 is still available for a limited time. To register and for more information, visit faithsymposium.com.
What: 2017 Florida Faith Symposium
When: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Where: Rosen Centre, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819