Sachs Media Group Names Five New Partners
-Strong Leadership Team Set for Future-
TALLAHASSEE–Sachs Media Group (SMG) today named five key executives as new partners, deepening the firm’s ability to serve its clients now and well into the future. Ron Sachs, Founder and CEO, and partner and President Michelle Ubben, said the partner additions will ensure that the 22-year-old company — consistently ranked among Florida’s and the nation’s top independent full-service public relations agencies – has the most qualified and prepared team in place to fuel SMG’s robust growth for decades to come.
“We have curated an excellent, energetic and experienced leadership group whose hard work and wise counsel already are highly respected and strongly valued by our staff, clients, community and industry,” said Sachs. “Each of these wonderful friends and colleagues has demonstrated the values, skills, character, leadership and loyalty that deserve to be recognized and rewarded in this most meaningful way.”
The newly-named partners are:
• Ryan Cohn, Executive Vice President. Cohn serves as a strategic advisor across many accounts and special projects, and leads digital media initiatives.
• Karen Cyphers, PhD, Vice President of Research & Policy. Cyphers leads the firm’s internal research division, conducting message testing, survey research and crafting policy papers to influence issues of importance to the select clients.
• Lisa Garcia, Chief Operating Officer. An Emmy Award-winning producer and public relations campaign leader, Garcia heads up public education campaigns, internal processes and talent.
• Drew Piers, Director of Campaigns. Piers leads public affairs campaign strategy, including constitutional amendments and local referenda, and also supervises targeted media buys.
• Herbie Thiele, Director of Public Affairs. Thiele leads the firm’s core public affairs practice, influencing legislative issues, procurements and public policy at the state and local levels.
Other key members of the leadership team include Jon Peck, Vice President, Director of Messaging and Crisis Management; Mark Pankowski, Vice President, Director of Washington Operations; Jenna Sarkissian, Deputy Director of Public Relations; and Chauniqua Major, Director of Central Florida Operations.
“In the talent business, innovation depends on forward-thinking ideas that we can deploy to help our clients adapt to a rapidly changing environment,” said Ubben, a 20-year veteran of the firm whose career includes a successful 14-year stint in state government. “This dynamic team thrives on our clients’ high-stakes challenges and has the right stuff to help take the firm far into the future.”
PHOTO CAPTION (L-R) Lisa Garcia, Karen Cyphers, Ron Sachs, Herbie Thiele, Michelle Ubben, Drew Piers, Ryan Cohn