Brevard, Lake, Orange, Volusia County — The Florida Department of Transportation will suspend most construction work during the holidays from Dec. 23-Jan. 2. No additional lane closures will occur on Central Florida interstates. Motorists may see activity outside of the travel lanes.
Work activity is expected in the following areas during this time (links to project websites are included):
- I-95 Interchange at St. Johns Heritage Parkway: Crews will be working on shoulders/embankment, but will not be entering/exiting interstate.
- S.R. A1A from_US_192_to_south_of_S.R._404 (Pineda Causeway): Work will take place on Jan. 2 with no lane closures.
- S.R. A1A_from_over_George_King_Boulevard_to_S.R._401: On-going continuous 24-hour southbound inside lane closure for pipe repair.
- I-95 at Wickham Road/S.R.520/S.R.524: Work will continue along the shoulder for lighting installation.
- S.R._25/US_27 from Boggy Marsh Road to Lake Louisa Road: Daytime intermittent construction and maintenance work. No lane closures required.
- Hoffner Avenue from north of Lee Vista Boulevard to Conway Road: Various construction activities will occur Dec. 26-29. No lane closures required.
- S.R. 482 (Sand Lake Road) from West of International Drive to East of Florida’s Turnpike and International Drive from Jamaican Court to north of Sand Lake Road: Various work will take place outside of travel lanes or behind barrier walls on S.R. 423 (John Young Parkway) to just north of Destination Parkway to Florida’s Turnpike. Also, there will be work in the median area at Shingle Creek. There will be no work in the section from Universal Boulevard to just west of International Drive.
- I-95 Widening, Systems Interchange from S.R. 44 to north of US 92: Crews will be working Dec. 26-30. No lane closures required.
- US 1 from South Street to Magnolia Ave./Shangri-La Circle: Crews will be installing signs outside of the travel lanes.
- Pipe cleaning and lining along various roads (no project page, general maintenance): Daytime shoulder closures on S.R. 44 between Hidden Pines Boulevard and Timberlane Drive in New Smyrna Dec. 26-29 to clean a box culvert.
- Bridge Deck Repairs on the North Causeway in New Smyrna Beach: Current traffic pattern to remain in place with lanes shifted. Workers may be present within the existing closures.
For more information about projects and closures in your area, visit www.cflroads.com.
FDOT advises drivers to slow down in construction zones; the life you save may be your own.