Advocates will gather Thursday in front of the Florida Supreme Court to call on Sens. Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio to protect Floridians’ reproductive rights and access to health care by rejecting President Trump’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court.
WHO: Policy experts and advocates including the following speakers:
- Missy Wesolowski, Statewide Director of Organizing with the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates
- Jon Harris Maurer, Public Policy Director with Equality Florida
- Ray Seaman, Progress Florida Online Director on behalf of the Florida Why Courts Matter Coalition
- Millie Zehnder of Planned Parenthood Generation Action at FSU
- Representatives from Florida NOW and For our Future will also be in attendance.
WHAT: Press conference calling on Florida Sens. Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio to protect Floridians’ reproductive rights and access to health care by rejecting the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court
WHEN: Thursday, July 12th 11:30 AM
WHERE: Supreme Court of Florida – front sidewalk
500 S Duval St
Tallahassee, FL 32399
President Trump has promised to appoint only biased justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade and strike down the Affordable Care Act. Unless he affirmatively says he will uphold Roe, it can only be assumed that Kavanaugh will undo access to safe and legal abortion.
“Make no mistake, the right to access abortion safely and legally in this country is absolutely on the line,” said Missy Wesolowski, Statewide Director of Organizing with Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates. “Planned Parenthood and our allies are vigorously opposed to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for a lifetime seat on the Supreme Court,” she added.