I-75 from N. Jones Loop Road (exit 161) to US 17 (exit 164): Construction project: Work continues to widen approximately four miles of the interstate from four to six lanes and widen the bridges over N. Jones Loop Road (exit #161) and Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive/Seminole Gulf Railway. The project also includes roadway safety improvements and bridge work under I-75 on N. Jones Loop Road, US 17, and Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive.
I-75/US 17 RAMP CLOSURE (EXIT 164)
- During the nighttime/overnight hours of 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, August 1 motorists should expect the NORTHBOUND ENTRANCE RAMP CLOSED, weather permitting. To reach I-75 northbound, motorists may enter I-75 southbound to exit at North Jones Loop (Exit 161) and return north on I-75.
- Motorists should expect Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive fully CLOSED under I-75 for crews to complete bridgework, safety improvements, and roadway work. This closure is scheduled to remain in place until summer 2018, weather permitting. The closure applies to all vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Motorists on Marion Avenue, west of the interstate may use Marion Avenue to Marlympia Way to reach US 17.
- Motorists on Riverside Drive, east of the interstate may use Riverside Drive to Regent Road to reach US 17.
- Motorists should expect one lane closed in each direction on I-75 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday night through Saturday morning.
- Motorists should expect lane closures on North Jones Loop Road during daytime and nighttime hours, both weekdays and weekends, for crews to complete bridgework.
- Motorists should expect I-75 travel lanes to shift from south of N. Jones Loop Road to the bridge over the Peace River to allow crews to work.
Variable message signs will be in place to alert drivers that work is underway. Drivers should use caution while traveling in this area and be alert to trucks entering and exiting roadways in the work zone. Estimated completion is early 2019, weather permitting. The contractor is Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC.