Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) will present a series of trade seminars to help Florida small and medium-sized businesses learn about doing business in the Dominican Republic. The seminars will be held August 14-17.
“The seminars will be very beneficial for companies that are interested in reaching the Caribbean market or are planning to attend the upcoming trade mission to the Dominican Republic,” said Manny Mencia, senior vice president of international trade and development for EFI. “Florida is the gateway to trade with Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Dominican Republic is our leading Caribbean trade partner.”
The sessions will be held in support of EFI’s trade mission to the Dominican Republic, which will be held November 13-16. According to the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, the Dominican economy will grow by 5.1 percent in 2018 and remain as the largest economy in the Caribbean.
The Dominican Republic holds vast opportunities for Florida companies focused on the Caribbean market. Florida exported approximately $3 billion in merchandise to the Dominican Republic in 2017. Facilitated by the U.S.-Central America Free Trade Agreement, the U.S. has become the chief trading partner for the Dominican Republic and exporters benefit from reduced tariffs and barriers.
The seminars will be held:
- August 14, 9:00-11:00 AM – Hyatt Regency – Venetian Ballroom, Coral Gables
- August 15, 9:00-11:00 AM – Emma Lou Olson Civic Center (Auditorium), Pompano Beach
- August 16, 8:30-10:30 AM – USF Muma College of Business, Tampa
- August 16, 2:30-4:30 PM – Enterprise Florida, Orlando
- August 17, 8:30-11:30 AM – JaxChamber, Jacksonville
For more information and to reserve your spot for a seminar, contact Alejandra Henao at (305) 808-3670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida-based companies looking to expand internationally can obtain comprehensive exporting assistance provided by Enterprise Florida and its economic development partners. EFI assists Florida small and medium-sized businesses expanding into the international marketplace by:
- Organizing and executing overseas trade missions;
- Providing access to financial assistance for export transactions;
- Providing export counseling and advice;
- Assisting with product and service marketing plans;
- Supporting website localization plans;
- Publishing the Florida Export Guide and more.
Last year, merchandise valued at $147.7 billion flowed through Florida’s ports with Florida-origin exports reaching $55 billion. Florida exported more goods than 190 countries in 2017, making the state a world leader in international trade.
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is a partnership between Florida’s businesses and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for Florida. EFI facilitates job growth through recruitment and retention, international trade and exporting, promotion of sporting events, and capital funding programs to assist small and minority businesses. EFI launched “Florida | The Future is Here” to promote the state as the nation’s premier business destination.