FloridaShines, Florida’s student hub of innovative educational services, is pleased to host Virtual College Week Oct. 2 – 4. Virtual College Week is a series of free, live webinars that are open to Florida high school juniors and seniors looking for information on preparing for college, including where to go, what degree to earn, and how to pay for it without breaking the bank. FloridaShines is managed by the Florida Virtual Campus; a state-funded organization focused on helping students succeed in school and beyond.
“FloridaShines has everything students need to get ready for college,” said Nashla Dawahre, assistant director of advising and student services. “Our three-day event offers a variety of 45-minute webinars focused on a range of subjects from college admissions to financial aid to career planning.”
Participants of Virtual College Week will also be entered into a drawing to win college swag bags filled with items from colleges and universities in Florida.
Virtual College Week webcast sessions include:
October 2, 2018
- 4:00 PM ET: The Secret of College Admissions lead by Ethan Henley from the University of West Florida
- 5:00 PM ET: How to Succeed Without Really Trying lead by Kellie Ziemak & Jennifer Haber from St. Petersburg College
- 6:00 PM ET: How to Become a College Athlete lead by Lonni Alameda, Florida State University’s Head Softball Coach
- 4:00 PM ET: Do you Qualify for a Bright Futures Scholarship lead by Pedro Hernandez from the Florida Department of Education
- 5:00 PM ET: How to Fill Out the “New” FAFSA lead by Bill Spiers from Tallahassee Community College
October 4, 2018
- 4:00 PM ET: Dual Enrollment 101 lead by Tulani Honablew from Tallahassee Community College
- 5:00 PM ET: Insight to Filling Out Your College Application lead by Chealsy Vargas from Florida International University
- 6:00 PM ET: Tips and Tools FloridaShines Can Offer You lead by Ashley Thimmes from the Florida Virtual Campus
To register or for more information, visit virtualcollegeweek.org.
About Florida Virtual Campus
The Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), A Complete Florida Plus program, is made up of several units which provide statewide innovative educational services for Florida’s K-adult students. Working collaboratively with Florida’s 12 public universities, 28 public colleges, K-12 school districts, and other partners, FLVC provides free services to help students go to college, succeed in school, prepare for career success, and in life after graduation.