Livestream Available for Media at FloridaChamber.com/ForumLive
Join the Florida Chamber Foundation this week, September 26 and 27 in Orlando, for the 2018 Future of Florida Forum, where Florida’s business community will gather elected officials, legislators, and industry leaders to discuss the issues that matter most to Florida’s long-term future.
Join us as we:
- Release the Florida 2030 report, which seeks to outline a blueprint for Florida’s future and how our state addresses challenges and opportunities,
- Host the 2018 Women’s Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony,
- Host a two-day Florida Healthcare Workforce Session, where we will cover discussions on the trends impacting healthcare practitioners- from workforce shortages, aging populations, coming innovations and technological advances, laws and regulations around residency requirements, and more,
- Cover topics ranging from talent and workforce needs, current and future cyber-security risks, to paving pathways to economic prosperity, Florida’s future water needs, autonomous vehicles, building up women in leadership and more.
Key speakers throughout the two day event include:
- Florida Governor Rick Scott
- Attorney General Pam Bondi
- CFO Jimmy Patronis
- The Honorable Ron DeSantis
- State Representative Matt Caldwell
- Cissy Proctor, Director, Department of Economic Opportunity
- Vince Bertram, Ed.D., President & CEO, Project Lead the Way
- Kevin Carr, CEO, FloridaMakes
- Dr. Eman El-Sheikh, Director, Center for Cybersecurity; Professor, Computer Science, University of West Florida
- Robert Grammig, Partner, Holland & Knight
- Forough Hosseini, Senior Vice President of Information Systems, ICI Homes
- Wayne Huizenga, Jr., Huizenga Holdings, Inc.
- Danette Howard, PhD., Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Lumina Foundation
- Constantine Karides, Partner, Reed Smith Financial Industry Group
- Dr. Brian Lapointe, Research Professor, Harbor Branch, Florida Atlantic University
- Dave Lawrence Jr., Children’s Movement of Florida
- Mike Myhre, CEO, Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network
- Quint Studer, Studer Family of Companies
Florida Chamber Foundation
2018 Future of Florida Forum
Wednesday, September 26
Thursday, September 27
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
One Grand Cypress Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32836
Media are invited to attend open sessions and should RSVP to Kat Bustamante at [email protected].
Media-only Live stream will be available at FloridaChamber.com/ForumLive starting Wednesday, Sept 27 at 11:30 p.m. [link not for publication or distribution]
Established in 1916 as Florida’s first statewide business advocacy organization, the Florida Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business and the state’s largest federation of employers, chambers of commerce and associations aggressively representing small and large businesses from every industry and every region. The Florida Chamber works within all branches of government to affect those changes set forth in the annual Florida Business Agenda, and which are seen as crucial to secure Florida’s future. The Florida Chamber works closely with its Florida Political Operations and the Florida Chamber Foundation. Visit FLChamber.com for more information.