Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis urged Florida residents in the potential impacted areas to make final preparations to homes and property ahead of Hurricane Michael today.
CFO Jimmy Patronis said, “Many Floridians have worked their whole lives to own a home or a car, and the thought of a complete loss can be devastating but no property is more valuable than a life. Taking simple steps before the hurricane will help secure your home to prevent major losses and give you peace of mind. Remember to obey any local evacuation orders and keep connected with the news.”
Final Prep Tips and Reminders for Floridians
- Never run a generator inside or too close to your home or garage
- Use sandbags and plastic sheeting to ward off rising water
- Take photos of items in your home to help make the recovery process easier
- Gather all insurance, financial and other important documents and secure them in plastic bags
- Secure outdoor objects, such as grills and lawn furniture, so that it cannot get displaced by high winds