Young Floridians will call for bold and unabashed support of abortion rights
On February 20, youth advocates for access to abortion without political interference will speak out against bills filed to ban abortion in Florida as early as six weeks as well as the potential for even more restrictions including additional parental involvement in young people’s access to abortion.
- Jordan Thomas, President of FSU’s Generation Action Chapter
- Stephanie Pineiro, an Orlando social worker who will share her experience with the judicial bypass process
- State Representative Anna Eskamani
- State Representative Amy Mercado
- Lillian Tamayo, CEO of Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida
- Stephanie Fraim, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida
- Laura Goodhue, Executive Director of the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates
What: Youth Abortion Advocates Press Conference
When: February 20, 2019, 2:30PM
Where: Front Steps of Old Capitol
These young Floridians will put policymakers on notice that they will not stand for more restrictions on their access to reproductive health care when what is needed is to expand access to all forms of health care to so many Floridians who still have no care at all.