On Wednesday April 10th at 11:30 am the League of Women Voters of Florida and partner organizations will hold a press conference speaking against bills currently making their way through the Legislature that threaten democracy in Florida.
These bills — ranging from undermining Amendment 4 to meddling with the state’s citizen initiative process — all represent a massive legislative overreach by our state lawmakers in an attempt to silence the will of the people.
When: 11:30 am on Wednesday, April 10
Where: Front steps of the Historic Capitol facing Apalachee Parkway
Speakers will include:
- Patricia Brigham, LWV Florida
- Jessica Younts, Florida Rights Restoration Coalition
- Kara Gross, ACLU of Florida
- Nancy Abudu, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Rich Templin, Florida AFL-CIO
- Cecile Scoon, LWV Florida
- Reverend Dr. RB Holmes, Bethel Missionary Baptist Church