Governor Ron DeSantis today met with several Israeli companies and participated in Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signings at the Peres Center for Peace and Innovation.
The MOUs will further Governor DeSantis’ vision to make Florida an attractive destination for high-tech Israeli companies and affirm Florida’s commitment to developing innovation partnerships.
The Governor was joined by Florida Cabinet Members Attorney General Ashley Moody, Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis and Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried for a tour of the Peres Center for Peace and Innovation. The Peres Center develops and implements impactful and meaningful programs with a focus on promoting a prosperous Israel, nurturing and highlighting Israeli innovation and paving the way for shared-living between all of Israel’s citizens and lasting peace between Israel and its neighbors.
The Governor, members of the Florida Cabinet and Space Florida President & CEO Frank DiBello also met with Israel Innovation Authority CEO, Mr. Aharon Aharon.
Below is an overview of Tuesday morning’s events:
- Governor DeSantis met with the following Israeli companies and organizations:
- Stemrad, which specializes in protective equipment for radiation
- SpacePharma, a leading Israeli satellite agency
- Nano Dimension, a revolutionary electronic manufacturing company
- Governor DeSantis participated in an MOU signing between Space Florida and the Israel Innovation Authority, as well as a ceremony announcing the winners of the 6th Call for Project of the Florida-Israel Innovation Partnership
- Governor DeSantis participated in an MOU signing between Florida Atlantic University and the Agricultural Research Institute, Volcani Center
- Governor DeSantis participated in an MOU signing between the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Israeli National Emergency Management Authority