Apprenticeships, Retaining Florida’s Talent, Jobs of the Future Take Center Stage
Education Commissioner Corcoran to Present Business Recognition Awards
Florida’s premiere education and workforce summit, the Florida Chamber Foundation’s Learners to Earners Workforce Summit, will take place this week, June 18-19 in Orlando. This sold-out statewide summit will host Florida’s top education leaders and workforce thought leaders on key issues, including apprenticeships, retaining top talent in Florida, and how to prepare for jobs of the future.
Florida Chamber Foundation’s
2019 Learners to Earners Workforce Summit
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821
Tuesday, June 18
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 19
8:30 – 11:30 a. m.
Among the featured speakers are:
- Representative Vance Aloupis, Jr.
- Richard Corcoran, Education Commissioner, Florida Department of Education
- Michelle Dennard, President & CEO, CareerSource Florida
- Zack Gibson, Director and Chief Child Advocate, Governor’s Office of Adoption and Child Protection
- Ken Lawson, Executive Director, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Michael Myhre, State Director, Florida SBDC Network
- Representative Mel Ponder
- Todd Powell, Vice President for Real Estate Development, Weyerhaeuser Company
- Madeline Pumariega, Executive Vice President and Provost, Tallahassee Community College
- Madeleine Thakur, Chief of Staff, The Children’s Movement of Florida
- Dr. Tonjua Williams, President, St. Petersburg College
Media are invited to attend and should RSVP to Edie Ousley at [email protected]. A media-only LIVESTREAM will be available for much of the program. Please RSVP for details.