Governor Ron DeSantis today announced that Florida’s private-sector industries are creating more jobs for Floridians and Florida’s economy continues to remain strong. Low taxes and reasonable regulations continue to drive businesses in all industries to expand in Florida, fueling a strong private-sector job growth rate.
Positive economic indicators for the month of June include:
- Private-sector industries gaining the most jobs over-the-year were:
- Education and health services with 54,700 new jobs;
- Professional and business services with 40,500 new jobs;
- Leisure and hospitality with 31,200 new jobs;
- Construction with 25,800 new jobs;
- Trade, transportation and utilities with 18,800 new jobs; and
- Financial activities with 17,400 new jobs.
- Florida job postings showed 290,093 openings in June 2019.
“Private-sector industries have the opportunity to expand because of Florida’s low taxes and reasonable regulations,” said Governor DeSantis. “We will keep working hard to ensure employers and workers are coming to Florida to achieve economic success.”
“Governor DeSantis continues to prioritize supporting businesses that are giving Floridians the opportunity to work,” said Executive Director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Ken Lawson. “We are traveling around the state and meeting with communities to learn more about how we can help businesses continue to make smart strategic investments in diverse industries and generate sustainable economic growth.”
Other positive economic indicators include:
- Florida’s annual private-sector job growth rate of 2.7 percent continues to outpace the national job growth rate of 1.7 percent.
- Florida’s private-sector businesses created more than 208,000 jobs over the year and 11,500 in June 2019.
- A low unemployment rate of 3.4 percent.
- The labor force grew with 124,000 people entering the labor force over the year at an annual growth rate of 1.2 percent.
To view the June 2019 jobs report by region, please see below:
To view the June 2019 employment data, click here.