Multiple Nighttime Ramp Closures from
Southbound I-95 to Eastbound U.S. 92
Motorists traveling in the Daytona Beach area should anticipate various closures within the Interstate 95 (I-95) Widening and Systems Interchange project limits. Construction activities will require multiple nightly closures of Interstate 4 (I-4) in both directions between the I-95 interchange and the U.S. 92 interchange (Exit 129), as well as multiple nighttime closures of the off ramp from southbound I-95 to U.S. 92. All detours will be well marked and occur during the overnight hours between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., weather permitting. The scheduled closures and posted detours are detailed as follows:
When: Sunday, August 4 – Sunday, August 11, nightly from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
(Monday, August 12 and Tuesday, August 13 are backup dates)
What: Closure of Eastbound and Westbound I-4 between the I-95 interchange and the U.S. 92 (ISB) interchange (exit 129)
How it will work:
- Eastbound I-4 traffic headed to northbound and southbound I-95, will be directed to take Exit 129 to eastbound U.S. 92 (ISB) where I-95 will be accessible.
- Eastbound I-4 traffic headed to S.R. 400 (Beville Road), will be directed to take Exit 129 to eastbound U.S. 92 (ISB), then take southbound Williamson Boulevard to S.R. 400 (Beville Road).
- Westbound S.R. 400 (Beville Road) traffic headed to westbound I-4 will be directed to northbound Williamson Boulevard to westbound U.S. 92 (ISB) to access I-4.
- Northbound and southbound I-95 traffic headed to westbound I-4 will be directed to take westbound U.S. 92 (ISB) to access I-4.
- The westbound S.R. 400 (Beville Road) ramps to northbound and southbound I-95 will be open.
When: Sunday, August 4 – Thursday, August 8, nightly from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
What: Closure of the Off Ramp from Southbound I-95 to Eastbound U.S. 92 (ISB)
How it will work: Traffic will be directed to exit at westbound U.S. 92 and take southbound Tomoka Farms Road to Bellevue Avenue, and take northbound Williamson Boulevard to eastbound U.S. 92 (ISB).
Motorists are advised to slow down and follow posted detour signs. Motorists may also want to plan ahead and add some extra time to their drive.
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT Communications Office at [email protected], or by phone at 386-943-5479. The project is also updated regularly on CFLRoads.com.
FDOT urges all drivers to stay alert and use caution while driving through or near construction zones. When driving, walking, or bicycling, remember to pay attention and follow the rules. Safety doesn’t happen by accident.