Diverse group of long term care professionals elected to lead Florida’s
first and largest advocacy organization for long term care providers
Florida Health Care Association (FHCA), the statewide trade association which represents over 82% (550+) of Florida nursing centers and over 1,100 professional members, recently elected its 2019-2020 officers. Alex Terentev, Director of Operations for Gulf Coast Health Care, was re-elected President of FHCA and vowed to continue FHCA’s mission of advancing the quality of services, image, professional development and financial stability of its members. The Association’s 2019-2020 officers include:
- President: Alex Terentev, Director of Operations at Gulf Coast Health Care (Pensacola) out of Lake Mary;
- Immediate Past President: John Simmons, Administrator at Fouraker Hills Rehab & Nursing Center in Jacksonville;
- Senior Vice President: Marco Carrasco, Administrator at West Gables Health Care Center in Miami;
- Secretary: Kathy Gallin, VP of Legislative Affairs at Signature HealthCARE out of Lake City;
- Treasurer: Anita Faulmann, Regional VP of Operations at Consulate Health Care out of Tierra Verde;
- Member at Large: Mel Beal, CEO of Facility Support Company in West Palm Beach;
- Not-for-Profit Vice President: Jeffrey Freimark, President & CEO of Miami Jewish Health;
- Independent Owner Vice President: Mike McQuilkin, Administrator/Owner of Oak Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center in Largo;
- Multifacility Vice President: Vernon Zeger, Dir. of Regional Operations at Advent Health in Maitland;
- Assisted Living Facility Vice President: Steven Rule, Executive Director at Park Summit at Coral Springs;
- Associate Member Vice President: Yale Metz, National Accounts Manager at Healthcare Services Group out of Roswell, Ga.;
- Region I Vice President: Isis Fernandez, Administrator at Hialeah Shores Nursing & Rehabilitation in Miami;
- Region II Vice President: Julie Morris, Executive Director at Consulate Health Care at West Altamonte;
- Region III Vice President: Derek Webster, Executive Director at Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center in Brooksville
- Region IV Vice President: Jeffrey Markulik, Administrator at Edgewood Nursing Center in Jacksonville.
“We are extremely pleased to have such dedicated members chosen to lead the Association,” said Emmett Reed, Executive Director of Florida Health Care Association. “Each of these individuals is passionate about long term care and extremely committed to the membership, the profession and the residents cared for in our member centers. We look forward to their vision and leadership as providers continue their focus on leading the way in high-quality care.”
FHCA’s Board of Directors is composed of the elected officers, along with the President of each of the Association’s 16 districts. For a complete list of FHCA’s Board of Directors, click here.
ABOUT THE FLORIDA HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION
The Florida Health Care Association (FHCA) is a federation which serves nearly 1,000 members and represents over 500 long term care facilities that provide skilled nursing, post-acute and sub-acute care, short-term rehab, assisted living and other services to the frail elderly and individuals with disabilities in Florida. The mission of FHCA is to advance the quality of services, image, professional development and financial stability of its members. As Florida’s first and largest advocacy organization for long term care providers and the elderly they serve, the Association has worked diligently since 1954 to assist its members with continuously improving quality of care and quality of life for the state’s growing elder care population. For more information about the Florida Health Care Association, visit fhca.org.