In recognition of September as National Preparedness Month, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis reminds Floridians to prepare now for disasters and do not wait until a storm is imminent. The theme of Week 3 of National Preparedness Month is Teach Youth to Prepare for Disasters to emphasize the importance of involving children in preparedness planning.
CFO Jimmy Patronis said, “As we’ve seen with recent storms including Hurricanes Michael and Dorian, severe weather can change and intensify quickly, and Floridians can’t wait until a storm takes aim at our state to prepare their home and businesses for disasters. We are at the peak of the 2019 Hurricane Season, and I encourage all Florida families to take time together to practice your disaster plan and to ensure your supplies are stocked so your household is prepared.”
CFO Patronis’ PrepareFL.com website serves as a one-stop-shop for disaster preparedness information to help Floridians ensure they are prepared to weather the next storm.
- An Emergency Preparedness Toolkit designed to help you prepare a home inventory and organize your financial information before and after a disaster;
- A Natural Disasters – Are You Prepared guide to inform consumers on insurance and financial preparation in the event of a natural disaster;
- A guide to navigating the flood insurance claims process;
- Information on the Assignment of Benefits (AOB) process and how it can impact a homeowner; and
- Tips on what to expect after filing a homeowners insurance claim related to a hurricane.
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Follow the activities of the Department on Facebook (FLDFS) and Twitter (@FLDFS).