FloridaShines, Florida’s Student Hub of Innovative Educational Services, is excited to host Virtual College Week Oct. 28 – 30. Virtual College Week is a series of FREE, live webinars that are open to Florida high school juniors, seniors, parents and counselors looking for information on preparing for college, including where to go, what degree to earn, and how to pay for it without breaking the bank. FloridaShines is managed by the Florida Virtual Campus; a state-funded organization focused on helping students succeed in school and beyond.
“FloridaShines has the tools and resources to help students succeed in college and beyond,” said Nashla Dawahre, assistant director of advising and student services. “Our three-day event offers a variety of 45-minute webinars focused on a range of subjects from college admissions to financial aid to career planning,” Dawahre added.
Virtual College Week webcast sessions include:
October 28, 2019
- 4:00 PM ET: Earn a Sunshine State Scholarship
- 5:00 PM ET: Get a Jump Start on College
- 6:00 PM ET: Make a Plan to Land Your Dream Job
- 4:00 PM ET: Succeed in School with Online Classes
- 5:00 PM ET: Earn a Degree without Debt
- 6:00 PM ET: FloridaShines for You
- 4:00 PM ET: Prepare to Shine in Your Career
- 5:00 PM ET: Navigate the Admissions Process
- 6:00 PM ET: Finish Up Your College Degree
To register or for more information, visit virtualcollegeweek.org.
About Florida Virtual Campus
The Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), A Complete Florida Plus program, is made up of several units which provide statewide innovative educational services for Florida’s K-adult students. Working collaboratively with Florida’s 12 public universities, 28 public colleges, K-12 school districts, and other partners, FLVC provides free services to help students go to college, succeed in school, prepare for career success, and in life after graduation.