The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District One, and Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise announce an ePublic Hearing to present the Tentative Five-Year Work Program. The Tentative Work Program lists transportation system improvements scheduled for fiscal years beginning July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2025. The ePublic Hearing begins at 12 p.m., Monday, October 21, 2019 and ends at 12 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019. There are four ways to participate in the hearing.
- Go to swflroads.com and click on Future Projects during the times listed to watch a video about the Draft Tentative Work Program for fiscal years 2021-2025, review the programs and maps, submit comments, and find information about how to contact an FDOT representative with questions. The ePublic Hearing will be open and available continuously during the listed times.
- If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, you can use a computer at a local public library in each of the 12 counties within District One during the libraries’ regular operating hours.
- FDOT representatives will be available at the following locations to meet with you in person, answer any questions, and assist with website access:
- Collier County Library Headquarters, October 21, 2019 from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m., 2385 Orange Blossom Drive, Naples, FL 34109
- Polk County Administration Building, October 22, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., 330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL 33830.
- Detweiler’s Farm Market, October 22, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 6100 N. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL 34243
- Highlands County Government Center (Lobby), October 23, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 600 South Commerce Avenue, Sebring, FL 33870
- Lakes Regional Library, October 24, 2019 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Mid-County Regional Library, October 25, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 2050 Forrest Nelson Boulevard, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- FDOT representatives will also be available with materials for review during the hearing week at the FDOT District One offices located at 801 North Broadway Avenue in Bartow and 10041 Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers. You can schedule a meeting at the offices by calling 863-519-2285 (Bartow) or 239-225-1975 (Fort Myers).
FDOT will accept comments from all interested parties if received by Thursday, October 31, 2019. Mail comments to L.K. Nandam, P.E., District Secretary, FDOT, 10041 Daniels Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33913, attention Wayne Gaither, Southwest Area Office Director, or email comments to [email protected].
This ePublic Hearing is developed in compliance with Section 339.135(4)(d), Florida Statutes, as amended and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes. FDOT solicits public participation without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Cynthia Sykes, District One Title VI Coordinator, 863-519-2287 or e-mail [email protected] by October 14, 2019.