The Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) today provided an update on activities regarding COVID-19.
- The agency is coordinating with division leadership and the office of information technology to promote telework opportunities.
- DFS is identifying upcoming public events and gatherings that can be rescheduled or facilitated via electronic communication.
- The Department continues coordination with fire chiefs across the state to ensure information and best practices are shared as information becomes available.
- DFS has issued a travel-freeze for non-law enforcement personnel.
- DFS is working with the Division of Emergency Management (DEM) to streamline procurement processes.
- DFS is staffing various emergency support functions at DEM.
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Follow the activities of the Department on Facebook (FLDFS) and Twitter (@FLDFS).