Banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, and others across Florida
are making sure consumers get the help they need regarding COVID-19
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) is hearing from banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, and other financial professionals across Florida about the ways they are helping Floridians through financial difficulties in this unprecedented time.
Florida CFO Jimmy Patronis said, “While this public health emergency impacts communities across our state, we’re working to ensure Florida’s financial institutions and service providers are proactively serving their customers. My office is collaborating with OFR to ensure that consumers know about the financial options available to them and their loved ones who may be experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19. I’m thankful to the many institutions offering flexibility to their members and customers during these difficult times. I encourage consumers to visit the OFR website and contact your financial provider for more information and resources. We are in this together.”
OFR Commissioner Russell C. Weigel, III, said, “We thank CFO Patronis for supporting OFR’s efforts to inform consumers about their financial options. We understand that Florida’s families have never experienced anything like this pandemic, and it’s impacting every area of our lives, including our finances. We encourage you to use the resources available on OFR’s website, and download the lists below to find more information about options available to you.”
Here are just a few examples of how Florida financial institutions are helping their customers on a case-by-case basis:
- Working with customers on customized solutions that fit your situation;
- Working with customers on loan extensions or payment and interest deferrals;
- Working with customers to get Small Business Administration (SBA) loans or access to Florida Emergency Bridge Loan program loans;
- Permitting early CD withdrawals;
- Increasing debit card and credit card limits;
- Increasing the money held in ATMs to help ensure access to cash;
- Sharing links and contact information for State and Federal relief programs for small businesses;
- Waiving overdraft fees;
- Postponing foreclosures;
- Waiving foreign ATM fees;
- Scheduling individual appointments for in-person meetings;
- Providing drive-thru service where available; and
- Using technology platforms to provide online services like bill pay, remote depositing of checks and ATMs for cash.
Check OFR’s newsroom often as we’re updating these resources as more information becomes available.
Download Florida Financial Institution Resource List
Download Top 40 Mortgage Servicers Resource List
If you need assistance with your provider or to file a complaint, you can always call OFR at (850) 487-9687 or visit us online, flofr.com.
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation provides regulatory oversight for Florida’s financial services providers. Our mission is to protect Floridians, promote a safe and sound financial marketplace, and contribute to the growth of Florida’s economy with smart, efficient and effective regulation of the financial services industry.