As financial services organizations establish remote workplaces due to COVID-19, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) is sharing information on cybersecurity tips for the security of information technology systems.
As financial services businesses continue to navigate an everchanging situation and adjust to remote workstations, the following are some important cybersecurity tips:
- Ensure remote access systems are fully patched and appropriate system monitoring is in place;
- Install anti-malware, intrusion prevention, and firewalls on all machines;
- Use multifactor authentication;
- Educate remote employees on technology support mechanisms and cybersecurity awareness tips; and
- Update incident response plans to include workforce changes in a distributed environment.
Visit cisa.gov for more information on cybersecurity tips and action steps.
OFR’s customer service helpline, (850) 487-9687, is operational and we are available to assist you.
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation provides regulatory oversight for Florida’s financial services providers. Our mission is to protect Floridians, promote a safe and sound financial marketplace, and contribute to the growth of Florida’s economy with smart, efficient and effective regulation of the financial services industry.