Due to Gadsden County’s closure of Summer BreakSpot locations, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) today announced the opening of new temporary locations in Gadsden County which are providing meals to students.
Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried and the FDACS Division of Food, Nutrition, and Wellness have teamed up with Farm Share and the non-profit 4Roots to feed families in need and to help operate sites and provide meals.
Thursday, April 16:
The following location will provide hot meals prepared and served by 4Roots will be served today until 1:00 PM:
- St. Thomas Apostle Catholic Church, 27 N Shadow St, Quincy, FL 32351
The following six sites operated by Farm Share will distribute low-sodium, shelf-stable meals provided by FDACS through its State Emergency Operations Center Emergency Support Function (ESF-11), today until 2:00 PM:
- Crossroad Academy, 470 Strong Rd, Quincy, FL 32351
- Greensboro Elementary School, 559 Greensboro Hwy, Quincy, FL 32351
- Carter-Parramore Academy, 631 S STEWART ST, Quincy, FL 32351
- Havana Heights Apartments, 707 4th St SW, Havana, FL 32333
- Mt. Hosea Missionary Baptist Church, 1212 Mount Hosea Church Rd, Quincy, FL 32352
- Flint Garden Apartments, 424 Line St, Chattahoochee, FL 32324