The Florida National Guard (FLNG), under the direction of Gov. Ron DeSantis, is responding to the needs of the state alongside our interagency partners, helping to protect citizens and guests throughout this crisis.
The Florida National Guard has 2,312 Guardsmen on duty in support of Florida’s COVID-19 response, and are operating nine Community Based Testing Sites (CBTS) and have administered 50,287 sample collections to date at those sites.
- The C.B. Smith Park CBTS in Broward County has administered 13,190 sample collections since operations began there.
- The Hard Rock Stadium CBTS in Miami-Dade County has administered 13,840 sample collections since operations began there.
- The Marlins Park CBTS in Miami-Dade County has administered 5,056 sample collections since operations began there.
- Orange County Convention Center in Orange County has administered 6,767 sample collections since operations began there.
- The West Palm Beach Fit Stadium Site in Palm Beach County has administered 6,661 sample collections since operations began there.
- The Amelia Earhart Park/Hialeah Site in Miami-Dade County has administered 2,292 sample collections since operations began there.
- The Delray Beach Site in Palm Beach County has administered 1,640 sample collections since operations began there.
- The TIAA Field Site in Duval County has administered 822 sample collections since operations began there.
- The Pompano Beach Site in Broward County has administered 19 sample collections since operations began there.
Additionally, the FLNG has deployed Mobile Testing Teams to carry out COVID-19 testing at assisted living communities. To date, we have performed testing at 12 locations, and collected a total of 2,151 samples.
The FLNG is supporting airport screening operations in support of the Florida Department of Health at seven airports: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Miami International Airport (MIA), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), Tampa International Airport (TPA), Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI).
The FLNG Citizen-Soldiers and Airmen are also mobilized in support of the State Logistics Readiness Center (SLRC) in central Florida, ensuring needed supplies are getting to the right place at the right time across the state. Additionally, FLNG members are working in the State Emergency Operations Center and local emergency management offices across the state, serving as liaisons, ensuring local authorities understand the capabilities and equipment of the FLNG.
As this crisis continues, the Florida National Guard will maintain a ready force across the state for a variety of missions to include medical support and distribution of necessary commodities.
It is important that everyone follow the guidance put out by the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For more information about COVID-19 and the State of Florida’s response, visit http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/covid19-toolkit.html.