This week’s episode of Florida A&M University (FAMU) MMERI Forum Radio features an hour of conversation on cannabis as it relates to the justice system, the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on minority communities.
The program features Florida clemency attorney and author Reginald Garcia, who has a unique perspective on the prison system. Garcia has represented prison inmates and convicted felons for 25 years before four Florida governors and numerous Cabinet members of both political parties. He is the author of “Second Chances” and “How to Leave Prison Early.”
Co-hosting this week’s show are Angela Hardiman, MMERI public affairs liaison and Carol Angela Davis, J.D., MMERI communications liaison and FAMU associate director of Communications. The episode is available to be downloaded and freely shared, at the following links:
Streaming Link: (For viewing Only)
Download Link: (To download the video file)
MMERI Videocast is available on MMERI’s Facebook page, Conversations on Cannabis. MMERI Forum Radio is an hour weekly radio program that airs on the following schedule:
- 12:30 p.m. on FAMU WANM Radio 90.5 FM in Leon and Gadsden counties.
- 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. on WLDI (on air known as WiLD) 95.5 FM in West Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast
- 8:30 a.m. on WTMP 96.1 FM (Caliente 96) in Hillsborough, Polk and Lee counties
- 6:30 p.m. on WTMP 97.5 FM and 1150 AM in Pasco, Pinellas, Bradenton, Sarasota, Hillsborough, Polk and Lee counties
- 6:30 p.m. on WTMP 99.5 FM in Yulee/North Jacksonville
- 7 a.m. WHBX 96.1 FM in Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson and Wakulla counties
- 12 p.m. WCGL 94.7 FM and 1360 AM in Jacksonville
- 12:30 p.m. FAMU WANM 90.5 FM in Leon and Gadsden counties
- 2 p.m. on WPUL 100.7 FM and 1590 AM in Daytona and Ormond Beach, New Smyrna and Deland (Volusia county)
24/7 via Podcast:
MMERI Forum Radio is an expansion of its community forums designed to inform and educate the public about medical marijuana and the impact of the unlawful use of marijuana on Florida’s diverse communities. MMERI Forum Radio is a weekly hour of content presenting issues and topics in cannabis.
The MMERI was launched in response to the Florida Legislature’s funding allocation to educate “minorities about marijuana for medical use and the impact of the unlawful use of marijuana on minority communities.”