The Ryan Chamberlin Campaign announced the leadership of its Veterans Coalition. These men and women have served with distinction and have volunteered to help lead the Chamberlin Campaign’s outreach to the veterans of Congressional District 3.
“I want to thank these friends of mine for their commitment and service, first to our country, and second to our campaign,” said candidate Ryan Chamberlin. “Memorial Day is a tribute to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Too many in Congress today are willing to give away the freedoms that those veterans died for. This campaign is about recognizing their sacrifice and preserving America for future generations.”
The initial Veterans for Chamberlin Coalition Leadership Team is as follows:
- Leonard F. Burrows II, United States Navy
- Machinist Mate, 3rd Class
- 4 deployments; served on the USS Kentucky
- Gerald M. Campetella, United States Army
- Specialist 4 Medical Coreman
- Served in Vietnam, 1964-1966
- Christopher K Capozzoli, United States Air Force
- Sergeant; Nuclear weapons specialist
- 14 years active duty; 2 years Air National Guard
- Joel N Carter, United States Air Force
- Tech Sergeant
- 4 deployments (2 in Afghanistan/2 Iraq)
- Joseph Castellanos, United States Air Force
- 4 years active duty
- Basic Training Dorm Chief; Airman of the Year Award Winner at the Squadron, Wing & Base Level; Honor Graduate NCO Leadership School
- Maria Castellanos, RpH VA Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor
- Served in the Veterans Administration for the last 27 years
- Clenith Gale Henson, United States Army
- E-5 Specialist
- Deployed to Vietnam but was diverted to Korea when the Pueblo was captured. Operated the M48A1 Patton tank.
- On duty at Freedom Bridge when captured U.S. soldiers were released.
- Still suffers from Agent Orange poisoning from tour of duty
- Shawn Kevin Hughes, United States Navy
- Served 2012-present
- Deployments: Guatemala, Colombia, East Africa (Somalia)x2 Awards; 3x Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medal; Combat Action Ribbon; Global War on Terrorism medal
- Matthew Parr, United States Army
- Army Commendation Medal, Parachute Badge, Ranger Tab, Special Forces
- Travis Luke Sears, United States Marine Corps
- Corporal /Infantry squad leader.
- Deployed twice to Iraq with Second Battalion Third Marines
- Alan C. Sickman, U.S. Army (Retired)
- Lieutenant Colonel (LTC)
- 27 Years Active Duty service
- Vietnam Veteran (1969-1970), Korea Veteran (1974-1975), served on the US Army Staff at the Pentagon, 1983-1988, and the US Army Unites States Army Europe staff, 1988-1993
- David Skinner, United States Air Force
- E-4 Senior Airman
- Served as a Security Policeman safeguarding nuclear weapon sites in Montana
- Represented Malmstrom AFB on the Security Police Team within Strategic Air Command in 1989 & 1990 at Olympic Arena Competitions held at Vandenberg AFB Calif., winning the Blanchard Trophy and Best overall Security Police Team in 1990; Air Force Commendation Medal and Air Force Achievement Medal
Use of military rank does not imply endorsement by the Department of Defense of Service Branch.
Use of organization names is for identification purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the organization.