The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) today issued reemployment assistance updates on the Reemployment Assistance (RA) Claims Dashboard. As of August 6, DEO has paid 1,846,002 claimants a total of $13.1 billion ($13,143,756,540).
- Governor Ron DeSantis wants Floridians, especially parents, to focus on making the best decision for their families in the coming weeks.
- Instead of adding additional steps to access Reemployment Assistance benefits, Governor DeSantis has directed DEO to continue waiving the work search, work registration requirements and waiting week requirement for claimants through September 5, 2020.
- The Department has updated benefit payment statuses to reflect the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments in CONNECT. To better understand a claimant’s Reemployment Assistance weekly benefit payment status, view the step by step guide here and the video here.
- The Federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, offered through the federal CARES Act and administered by DEO, provides up to 13 weeks of benefits to a claimant who has exhausted their Reemployment Assistance benefits. Floridians will need to apply for PEUC benefits once the balance of their current claim is exhausted. Floridians who have already exhausted their benefits or have a Reemployment Assistance claim that expired after July 1, 2019, will also be able to apply.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim” to apply and be considered for PUA.
- CONNECT will be available from 8:00 a.m. – 7:59 p.m. on Friday, August 7, and from 9:00 am – 3:59 pm on Saturday, August 8. DEO will be continuing to process claims and making payments at night and over the weekend. CONNECT will be unavailable on Sunday, August 9. CONNECT will be available at 8:00 a.m. Monday, August 10.
- Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Centers will be available Friday, July 31 from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m for all account inquiries and questions, and unavailable Saturday, August 8 – Sunday, August 9. Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Centers will reopen at 7:30 am on Monday, August 10.
- This schedule does not affect individuals that wish to file a new claim. Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim.”
- DEO has a mobile-friendly online application for individuals filing a new Reemployment Assistance claim available here. For a step by step guide on how to apply read more here. For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity combines the state’s economic, workforce and community development efforts, expediting economic development projects to fuel job creation in competitive communities and promote economic resiliency. For more information, including valuable resources for employers and job seekers, please visit www.FloridaJobs.org.