The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) today issued reemployment assistance updates on the Reemployment Assistance (RA) Claims Dashboard. As of August 20, DEO has paid 1,903,315 claimants a total of nearly $14.1 billion ($14,086,684,472). More than 3.4 million (3,436,219) unique claims have been processed, representing 97.6% of unique claims submitted.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has been dedicated to paying eligible Floridians the reemployment assistance benefits they are owed as quickly as possible while improving the customer experience and promoting more efficient claims processing.
- Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Centers are available today, Friday, August 21, from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. for all account inquiries and questions and will reopen at 7:30 am on Monday, August 24. On Saturday, August 22 – Sunday, August 23 staff resources will be dedicated to processing claims and payments.
- CONNECT will be available from 8:00 a.m. – 7:59 p.m. on Friday, August 21, and from 9:00 am – 3:59 pm on Saturday, August 22. CONNECT will be unavailable on Sunday, August 23. CONNECT will be available at 8:00 a.m. Monday, August 24.
- This schedule does not affect individuals that wish to file a new claim. Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at www.FloridaJobs.organd select “File a Claim.”
- The Federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, offered through the federal CARES Act and administered by DEO, provides up to 13 weeks of benefits to a claimant who has exhausted their Reemployment Assistance benefits. Floridians will need to apply for PEUC benefits once the balance of their current claim is exhausted. Floridians who have already exhausted their benefits or have a Reemployment Assistance claim that expired after July 1, 2019, will also be able to apply.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim” to apply and be considered for PUA.
- The Department has recently shared a guide to help Employers log-in and reset passwords in their CONNECT account. This guide can be viewed here.
- Governor DeSantis has directed DEO to continue waiving the work search, work registration requirements and waiting week requirement for claimants through September 5, 2020.
- The Department has recently shared a video to help claimants understand claim messages and statuses in CONNECT. This video can be viewed here.
- The Department has updated benefit payment statuses to reflect the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments in CONNECT. To better understand a claimant’s Reemployment Assistance weekly benefit payment status, view the step by step guide here and the video here.
- DEO has a mobile-friendly online application for individuals filing a new Reemployment Assistance claim available here. For a step by step guide on how to apply read more here. For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity combines the state’s economic, workforce and community development efforts, expediting economic development projects to fuel job creation in competitive communities and promote economic resiliency. For more information, including valuable resources for employers and job seekers, please visit www.FloridaJobs.org.