The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) today issued reemployment assistance updates on the Reemployment Assistance (RA) Claims Dashboard. As of October 22, DEO has paid 2,061,975 claimants more than $17.6 billion ($17,637,787,654). Nearly 4.2 million (4,187,558) unique claims have been processed, representing 99.1% of unique claims submitted.
PANDEMIC EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION:
- The Federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, offered through the federal CARES Act and administered by DEO, provides up to 13 weeks of benefits to claimants who exhausted their Reemployment Assistance benefits. Floridians will need to apply for PEUC benefits once the balance of their current claim is exhausted. Floridians who have already exhausted their benefits or have Reemployment Assistance claims that expired after July 1, 2019, will also be able to apply.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim” to apply and be considered for PUA.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has been dedicated to paying eligible Floridians the reemployment assistance benefits they are owed as quickly as possible while improving the customer experience and promoting more efficient claims processing.
- Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Centers are available today, Friday, October 23, from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. for all account inquiries and questions and will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, October 26. On Saturday, October 24 – Sunday, October 25, staff resources will be dedicated to processing claims and payments.
- CONNECT will be available from 8:00 a.m. – 7:59 p.m. on Friday, October 23 and 8:00 a.m. – 4:59 p.m. on Saturday, October 24. CONNECT will be unavailable on Sunday, October 25. CONNECT will be available at 8:00 a.m. Monday, October 26.
- This schedule does not affect individuals who wish to file a new claim. Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim.”
- Governor Ron DeSantis has directed DEO to continue waiving the work search and work registration requirements for claimants. These requirements will continue to be waived through December 5, 2020.
- Additionally, the waiting week requirement will continue to be waived through December 5, 2020.
- DEO has a mobile-friendly online application for individuals filing a new Reemployment Assistance claim, which is available here. For a step by step guide on how to apply read more here. For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity combines the state’s economic, workforce and community development efforts, expediting economic development projects to fuel job creation in competitive communities and promote economic resiliency. For more information, including valuable resources for employers and job seekers, please visit www.FloridaJobs.org.