The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) today issued weekly Reemployment Assistance updates. Daily updates can be found on the Reemployment Assistance (RA) Claims Dashboard.
- As of November 16, DEO has paid 2,102,406 claimants more than $18.5 billion ($18,542,875,515). More than 4.4 million (4,403,322) unique claims have been processed, representing 99.1% of unique claims submitted.
- 99.6 percent of all eligible benefits requested prior to October 30, 2020, for state Reemployment Assistance, Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) have been paid to claimants. Additionally, 99.9 percent of all eligible benefits requested by claimants prior to October 30, 2020, have also received their corresponding Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) benefits for that week.
- If a claimant has not received benefits or all of the benefits they believe they are entitled to, they should:
- Check that they have requested benefits;
- Check that the weeks they are requesting are eligible weeks; and
- Check that their account information in CONNECT is up-to-date and accurate.
- If a claimant needs additional assistance, they should call the Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Center at 1-833-FL-APPLY.
- The Department continues to work to modify claim effective dates as appropriate. The requests for these benefits are not included in this data.
- The Department would like to remind claimants that it is important to continue requesting benefits to receive payment. This video and guide may be helpful.
- Job Opportunities: The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is hiring across the state. To view a list of vacant opportunities, visit here.
- CONNECT Hours: DEO will be conducting nightly maintenance to the CONNECT system to process claims and payments. CONNECT will be available from 8 a.m. to 7:59 p.m. daily, Monday – Friday.
- On Saturday, November 21, and Sunday, November 22, CONNECT will be available 8:00 a.m. – 4:59 p.m.
- This schedule does not affect individuals who wish to file a new claim. Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim.”
- Customer Service Centers: Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Centers are available Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. for all account inquiries and questions. On Saturday, November 21 – Sunday, November 22, staff resources will be dedicated to processing claims and payments.
- Additional Waivers: Governor Ron DeSantis has directed DEO to continue waiving the work search and work registration requirements for claimants. These requirements will continue to be waived through December 5, 2020.
- Additionally, the waiting week requirement will continue to be waived through December 5, 2020.
- The Federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, offered through the federal CARES Act and administered by DEO, provides up to 13 weeks of benefits to claimants who exhausted their Reemployment Assistance benefits.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed.
- For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity combines the state’s economic, workforce and community development efforts, expediting economic development projects to fuel job creation in competitive communities and promote economic resiliency. For more information, including valuable resources for employers and job seekers, please visit www.FloridaJobs.org.