The Florida Department of Transportation and the Orlando Magic today announced a new partnership that will add extended service on SunRail for weeknights (Monday-Friday) when the Magic have home games.
The additional southbound “late train” will give fans another travel choice to attend the game or attend an event downtown.
As part of the partnership, all Magic ticket holders may ride SunRail for free to and from games. Magic ticket holders can show their tickets, either hard copy or electronically, to SunRail conductors to access this benefit.
“SunRail is excited for the opportunity to partner with the Magic for this initiative,” said SunRail Chief Operations Officer Charles “Mike” Heffinger. “With SunRail’s Church Street Station stop being literally steps away from the entrance to the Amway Center, choosing the train offers fans convenience and skips the stress of finding and paying for parking.”
“We are thrilled to partner with FDOT to offer fans easier access to Magic games,” said Magic Senior Vice President of Marketing and Social Responsibility Shelly Wilkes. “The Magic strive to create legendary moments and our customer experience is a top priority in making that a reality. We hope fans attending our games will take advantage of this great SunRail opportunity.”
The Train-To-The-Game promotion will begin on January 17 when the Magic host the Portland Trail Blazers as part of the NBA’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day slate of games.
The promotion will run on a total of 14 additional game nights (listed below) for all remaining weekday home games in the 2021-’22 season.
- Friday, January 21 vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- Wednesday, January 26 vs. Los Angeles Clippers
- Friday, January 28 vs. Detroit Pistons
- Wednesday, February 16 vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Friday, February 25 vs. Houston Rockets
- Monday, February 28 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Wednesday, March 2 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Tuesday, March 8 vs. Phoenix Suns
- Friday, March 11 vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Tuesday, March 15 vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Thursday, March 17 vs. Detroit Pistons
- Tuesday, March 22 vs. Golden State Warriors
- Friday, April 1 vs. Toronto Raptors
- Tuesday, April 5 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
For more information about SunRail, including fares, schedule, and station locations, please visit SunRail.com or download the SunRail app.
As a friendly reminder, per TSA guidelines, masks are required onboard trains.
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT District Five Communications Office at [email protected] or by phone at 386-943-5593.