Meeting will be offered in multiple platforms
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold a public meeting regarding project plans on Interstate 4 (I-4) improvements in Orange County — including the Sand Lake Road (State Road (S.R.) 482) interchange, Daryl Carter Parkway partial interchange improvements, and extensions to I-4 managed lanes on Thursday, February 10, at 5 p.m. The purpose of these projects is to provide operational and safety improvements to the I-4 corridor in southern Orange County. The public meeting is being held to present information and receive community feedback. These projects include:
- Reconstructing the I-4 general use lanes and extending I-4 managed lanes from west of the Sand Lake Road and I-4 interchange to the end of the I-4 Ultimate project, west of Kirkman Road (S.R. 435).
- Reconstructing the I-4 and Sand Lake Road interchange into a diverging diamond interchange (DDI).
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Central Florida Parkway to west of the Sand Lake Road and I-4 interchange.
- Reconfiguring the Daryl Carter Parkway overpass as a DDI and constructing new I-4 exits from both directions to Daryl Carter Parkway, as well as a new eastbound I-4 entrance ramp.
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Daryl Carter Parkway to west of Central Florida Parkway.
The Department is offering multiple ways for the community to participate in the meeting. All participants, regardless of platform they choose, will participate in the same live meeting.
Virtual Option: Interested persons may join the Virtual Public Meeting (VPH) from a computer, tablet, or mobile device. A VPH is a free live presentation or webinar over the internet. For this option, advance registration is required by visiting fdot.tips/i4meeting. Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting online. Please note, Internet Explorer cannot be used to register or attend this webinar. If joining online, please provide adequate log-in time to view the presentation in its entirety.
Phone Option (Listen Only): Participants may join the meeting in listen-only mode by dialing 562-247-8321 and entering the passcode 557-860-742 when prompted.
In-Person Open House Option: Participants may attend in person by going to the Rosen Event Center, 11184 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32836 anytime between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to view a looping presentation and project displays, speak with project team members, and submit comments or questions.
If attending in person, please remember to follow all safety and sanitation guidelines as well as adhere to any local ordinances. If you are feeling unwell, please consider attending the meeting virtually or by phone.
All meeting materials, including the presentation, will be available on the project website at I4beyond.com prior to the meeting.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five Title VI Coordinator, at [email protected].
Persons who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact David Parks, Community Outreach Specialist at 844-858-4636 or [email protected] at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact us by using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT District Five Communications Office at [email protected] or by phone at 386-943-5593.