Strong cybersecurity measures are critically important and vulnerabilities present risks to businesses and their infrastructure. The Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) today reminds Florida financial services businesses and professionals to stay updated on the latest cybersecurity measures and possible threats.
Below are some helpful resources for businesses and professionals:
- Cybersecurity Tools – The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has compiled a list of tools and resources to help organizations further their cybersecurity capabilities.
- Cybersecurity Resources – The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) offers tools and resources for financial institutions to understand the cyber threat landscape.
- Credit Union Cybersecurity Resources – The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) shares news and information for credit unions to reduce the possibility and impact of cyberattacks.
- Checklist for Investment Advisers – The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) offers a cybersecurity checklist to assist firms in securing their systems.
- Cybersecurity Hub – The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has compiled information and resources to help firms in developing their cybersecurity program.
- Stay Safe Online – The National Cybersecurity Alliance shares news and information on the latest threats and steps to take to stay safe online.
- Secure Florida – The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) offers online cybersecurity tips and resources, including best practices for employees, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses – The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has compiled tips on how to protect against different types of cybersecurity threats.
- Ready.gov – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers information on how to protect against cyberattacks.
- Stay Safe from Cybersecurity Threats – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) shares tips and resources on cybersecurity threats to small businesses.
In addition, below are some recent advisories regarding potential critical threats:
- Shields Up – Guidance for Organizations to Adopt a Heightened Posture
- CISA Insights – Preparing for and Mitigating Foreign Influence Operations Targeting Critical Infrastructure
- Joint Cybersecurity Advisory – Understanding and Mitigating Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure
- CISA Insights – Implement Cybersecurity Measures Now to Protect Against Potential Critical Threats