Through Governor Ron DeSantis’ approval of the 2022-2023 Budget, Enterprise Florida (EFI) will continue its mission to promote Florida as a premier business destination and expand the state’s economy through private-sector job creation.
“Throughout his administration, Governor Ron DeSantis has prioritized investing in Florida’s economic growth,” said Acting Secretary of Commerce Marc Adler, President and CEO of Enterprise Florida, Inc. “I want to thank Governor DeSantis and the Florida Legislature for passing a budget that will allow Enterprise Florida the opportunity to continue its efforts in to grow and diversify Florida’s economy, while creating much-needed jobs and expanding Florida’s communities.
- $50 million for the Job Growth Grant Fund to strategically deploy public infrastructure investments and workforce training across the state.
- $30 million in support of the Rural Infrastructure Fund to facilitate the planning, preparing, and financing of infrastructure projects in rural communities which will encourage job creation, capital investment and the strengthening and diversification of rural economies.
- $7.5 million to support Quick Response Training Grants via CareerSource Florida, which funds specialized training for growing industries.
- $3 million for the Incumbent Worker Training Program via CareerSource Florida, which provides training to currently employed workers to keep Florida’s workforce competitive in a global economy and to retain existing businesses.
- $2 million to support the Florida Defense Support Task Force as it continues to help Florida be the most military and veteran-friendly state in the nation.
- $5.2 million to fund the Florida Sports Foundation in its mission to promote Florida’s unique sports industry and coordinate amateur sports programs and revenue-generating spectator events.
- $50 million to fund VISIT FLORIDA as it continues to play a critical role in driving tourism to the state of Florida, a vital part of our state’s economy.
Enterprise Florida, Inc. is a partnership between Florida’s businesses and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state. EFI facilitates job growth through recruitment and retention; small business growth through international trade and exporting programs; promotion of sporting events; promotion and protection of Florida’s military bases; and capital funding programs to assist small and minority businesses.