Please be advised of an emergency road closure of all lanes on S.R. 46 at the St. Johns River in Brevard County, near the Seminole County line. Due to Hurricane Ian, St. Johns River is experiencing rising water and has caused flooding on the roadway. To ensure the safety of motorists, a detour is currently in place. Motorists planning on traveling on S.R. 46 should seek an alternative route or follow the detours listed below.
Motorists traveling eastbound on S.R. 46 from Sanford to Mims:
- A detour is established for motorists heading east on S.R. 46, to turn south on 17-92.
- From 17-92 turn onto S.R. 417 to head south.
- From S.R. 417 use Exit 34 to head east on SR 50.
- From S.R. 50, head north onto I-95, then use Exit 223 to S.R. 46.
Motorists traveling westbound on S.R. 46 from Mims to Sanford:
- A detour is established for motorists heading west on S.R. 46, to turn south on I-95.
- From I-95 use Exit 215 to head west on S.R. 50.
- From S.R. 50 head north on S.R. 417.
- From S.R. 417 use Exit 50 to head north on 17-92 to S.R. 46.
The Department will continue to monitor the area and make adjustments as needed. A time estimate for reopening is unknown at this time. Updates will be provided as we have them available.
Motorists should continue to regularly check FL511.com for updates to road and bridge closures, which are frequently changing from impacts of the storm.
FDOT continues to work with other agencies, local partners, and the community to respond, rebuild, and recover from Hurricane Ian as safely and quickly as possible.
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT District Five Communications Office at [email protected] or by phone at 386-943-5593.
Please remember to follow posted signage, avoid distractions, and drive cautiously.