Florida Senate Democratic Leader Lauren Book (D- Davie) today announced the appointment of the following Democratic Senators to serve on the House Democratic Caucus leadership team for the 2022-24 legislative term:
- Leader Pro Tempore: Senator Jason Pizzo (Senator of the 37th District)
- Policy Chair: Senator Tina Polsky (Senator of the 30th District);
- Fiscal Policy Chair: Senator Tracie Davis (Senator of the 5th District);
- Rules Chair: Senator Lori Berman (Senator of the 26th District);
- Whips: Senator Darryl Rouson (Senator of the 16th District), Senator Shevrin Jones (Senator of the 34th District), Senator Linda Stewart (Senator of the 17th District), Senator Vic Torres (Senator of the 25th District).
“Democrats will face unprecedented challenges this coming legislative session, requiring steadfast leaders to guide us through the obstacles and opportunities we will encounter,” says Leader Book of her appointments. “From his days as a prosecutor and beyond, Pro Tem Pizzo has always been a strong fighter for freedom, justice, and truth; I am confident he will fight tirelessly to protect Floridians against the GOP’s extremist agenda. Senators Jones, Rouson, Torres and Stewart are determined arbitrators who will work to ensure strength in numbers and sound policy for the betterment of everyday Floridians. Senator Polsky’s judicious mind will guide Democratic policy alongside Senator Berman, whose strong counsel will guide our Caucus, and Senator Davis’ masterful acumen for fiscal policy. Though these battles will not be easy, Senate Democrats and our Leadership Team stand ready to fight.”