All access to and from Glades Road at I-95 will be restricted
Friday, March 31 at 11 p.m. until Monday, April 3 at 5 a.m.
SR-808/Glades Road at I-95 will be closed to traffic around-the-clock, beginning tonight, Friday, March 31 at 11 p.m. through Monday morning, April 3 at 5 a.m. to add additional lanes and place the Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) into final configuration. Florida Highway Patrol will be on site to ensure motorist and crew safety. Access to businesses along Glades Road will be maintained.
Final configuration of the Glades Road DDI includes the following movements, all of which will be available upon opening on April 3:
- An additional lane on Glades Road westbound from W University Drive/FAU Blvd through the DDI
- An additional lane on Glades Road eastbound from the DDI west crossover intersection to the I-95 northbound entrance ramp
- An additional lane on the I-95 southbound exit ramp to eastbound Glades Road
- An additional lane on the I-95 southbound exit ramp to westbound Glades Road
- An additional lane on the I-95 northbound entrance ramp from eastbound Glades Road
- An additional lane on southbound Airport Road to westbound Glades Road/I-95 northbound entrance ramp
- An additional lane from the DDI east crossover intersection to W University Drive/FAU Blvd
- Sidewalks on the north and south side of Glades Road
- Final paving, striping, signage, signalization & pavement markings
- 7-foot painted bike lanes on both sides of Glades Road
Daily lane closures within the DDI area may be required to finalize sod placement operations after the DDI is in final configuration.
A Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) allows traffic on the roadway to cross to the opposite side of the road safely and temporarily. This limits the number of traffic signal phases and allows drivers to make a left turn onto the highway without crossing in front of oncoming traffic. The lanes then change back to the right side of the road. Benefits of the DDI include improved traffic operations, increased safety, and enhanced accessibility for all users.
For additional project information, including implementation weekend detour flyers and maps, a fact sheet, Frequently Asked Questions, progress photos, and to take a virtual drive-through of the new design, please visit the project web page at bit.ly/GladesRoadDDI.