Carlos Beruff, the chairman of the Constitution Revision Commission (CRC), announced today the following dates and areas of the state where the CRC will next hold public hearings:
- Wednesday, April 12 – Tallahassee at FAMU beginning at 5:00 PM (Leon County)
- Wednesday, April 26 – Gainesville (Alachua County)
- Thursday, April 27 – Jacksonville (Duval County)
- Wednesday, May 3 – Bay County
- Wednesday, May 10 – Lee County
- Wednesday, May 17 – Hillsborough County
Additional information including times and venues will be announced as soon as possible. The CRC’s next public hearing is Wednesday, April 12 at Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University (FAMU) beginning at 5:00 PM. Visit FLCRC.GOV for more information.
ABOUT THE FLORIDA CONSTITUTION REVISION COMMISSION
Once every twenty years, Florida’s Constitution provides for the creation of a thirty-seven member revision commission for the purpose of reviewing Florida’s Constitution and proposing changes for voter consideration. The Commission meets for approximately one year, traveling the State of Florida, identifying issues, performing research, and possibly recommending changes to the Constitution. Any amendments proposed by the Commission would be placed on the 2018 General Election ballot. For additional information, visit FLCRC.GOV. Follow the CRC on Twitter @FloridaCRC and like the CRC on Facebook @FloridaCRC.