I-75 Kings Highway Ramp Closures
Charlotte and Sarasota Counties, Florida
I-75 from south of Harborview Road (mile marker 167) to Sumter Boulevard (mile marker 182): Construction project: This project widens the road from four to six lanes and adds a 12-foot travel lane and 10-foot shoulder to the inside of existing northbound and southbound I-75.
- Motorists should expect lane closures on I-75 during nighttime/overnight hours from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the duration of the construction.
- Motorists should also expect periodic travel lane shifts through the duration of construction.
- Motorists should expect the outside northbound lane on the bridge over the Peace River closed through the duration of the project.
- Kings Highway on-ramp to I-75 northbound will be closed during nighttime/overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Sunday, April 30, Monday, May 1, and Tuesday, May 2.
- Kings Highway on-ramp to I-75 southbound will be closed during nighttime/overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, May 3 and Thursday, May 4.
Variable message signs will be in place to alert drivers that work is underway. Drivers should use caution while traveling in this area. Estimated completion is end of 2017. The contractor is Astaldi Construction Corporation.