SR 31 at Bermont Road: Construction project: Work begins this week to remove the flashing beacon and replace the beacon with a traffic signal. [Read more…] about FDOT RoadWatch Advisory for SR 31 at Bermont Road in Charlotte County
I-75 from N. Jones Loop Road (exit 161) to US 17 (exit 164): Construction project: Work continues to widen approximately four miles of the interstate from four to six lanes and widen the bridges over N. Jones Loop Road (exit #161) and Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive/Seminole Gulf Railway. The project also includes roadway safety improvements and bridge work under I-75 on N. Jones Loop Road, US 17, and Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive.
- Motorists should expect northbound I-75 traffic to be slowed at the North Jones Loop Road interchange (exit 161) for approximately 15-20 minutes between the nighttime/overnight hours of 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 14 for crews to move a crane. Exit and entrance ramps will remain open. Law enforcement officers will be onsite to assist.
- Motorists should expect Marion Avenue/Riverside Drive fully CLOSED under I-75 for crews to complete bridgework, safety improvements, and roadway work. This closure is scheduled to remain in place until late spring 2018, weather permitting. The closure applies to all vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Motorists on Marion Avenue, west of the interstate may use Marion Avenue to Marlympia Way to reach US 17.
- Motorists on Riverside Drive, east of the interstate may use Riverside Drive to Regent Road to reach US 17.
- Motorists should expect one lane closed in each direction on I-75 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday night through Saturday morning for crews to work in the median.
- Motorists should expect lane closures on North Jones Loop Road during daytime hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday for crews to complete bridgework.
- Motorists should expect I-75 travel lanes from N. Jones Loop Road to south of the bridge over the Peace River shifted to the outside of the roadway.
Variable message signs will be in place to alert drivers that work is underway. Drivers should use caution while traveling in this area and be alert to trucks entering and exiting roadways in the work zone. Estimated completion is early 2019, weather permitting. The contractor is Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC.
I-75 from south of Harborview Road (mile marker 167) to Sumter Boulevard (mile marker 182): Construction project: This project widens the road from four to six lanes and adds a 12-foot travel lane and 10-foot shoulder to the inside of existing northbound and southbound I-75.
- Motorists should expect lane closures on I-75 during nighttime/overnight hours from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the duration of the construction.
- Motorists should also expect periodic travel lane shifts through the duration of construction.
- Motorists should expect the inside northbound lane on the bridge over the Peace River closed through the duration of the project.
- Toledo Blade Boulevard will be reduced to one lane during nighttime/overnight hours from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, February 20 and will continue for three weeks.
- I-75 northbound off ramp to Toledo Blade Boulevard will be closed during nighttime/overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, February 21 and Wednesday, February 22.
Variable message signs will be in place to alert drivers that work is underway. Drivers should use caution while traveling in this area. Estimated completion is end of 2017. The contractor is Astaldi Construction Corporation.
US 17 at I-75: Maintenance contract project: Motorists should expect intermittent northbound lane closures during nighttime/overnight hours from 7 p.m. Thursday, January 19 through 6 a.m. Friday, January 20 while crews pave the roadway, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution as crews work in the roadway.